Wednesday 3 December 2008

Home is where the heart is?

Whilst having a shufty at the Howies website this morning I stumbled across my friend Ashley who is on their BMX team (read an interview with Ash here). Ashley and I used to spend a lot of time together when I used to ride BMX, travelling to different countries, riding bikes, having adventures and I remember we seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time in my car listening to rock'n'roll, driving untold hours to far away places, effortlessly shooting the breeze. Reminising about these good times reminded me that I'm going back to Ol' Blighty in a few weeks to see my friends and family and to catch-up with others who have been on their own travels. It feels strange. I've settled so well here in Bergen that I don't feel like I'm going 'home'.....

No comments: